Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Surgery Delayed

On Tuesday, we met with Dr. Honeycut (the neurosurgeon) and Dr. Barber (the boys' primary doctor in the NICU) only minutes after the two docs had received the results of Monday's MRI. I'll offer details later, but for now, suffice it to say that the surgery has been delayed yet again. Dr. Honeycut doesn't feel any sense of urgency to do the shunt operation. He says that their heads aren't large enough and aren't swelling rapidly enough to put them in any immediate danger and would rather give them as much time as possible to get stronger and more stable. In the meantime, they'll keep a close eye on the boys to make sure nothing takes a sudden turn for the worse.

We'll provide more details soon. And now, a couple of pics...

This was John-Raven on day 2 just prior to a mutual first for us both. It was his first poopy diaper to make and my first one to change. I thanked him for not peeing on me and he thanked me for not leaving his boy parts exposed to the cold air for any longer than necessary.



This was William on day 3 opening his eyes a tad. I actually saw John-Raven open his eyes first, but apparently William was the first to get his baby blues caught on camera.


5 comments:

  1. They look beautiful, Matt, and I love John-Raven's hat. Tell the wife we're praying for both of you and the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful pics! They are beautiful little boys! Glad to hear that they are stable and doing well. Keep us updated! Maci says hello and she says the boys are soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for all of you. The babies are precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful boys. K. Chavarria gave me your blog address. I know Amanda from TAHoward. Can't wait to see more pics. Prayers and Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are SO precious. Thanks for posting pics, I've been DYING to see them. I'm so glad everything is going well...we're still praying and please keep us posted. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete